ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:02:25 -0600
This Does Not Come From God

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from
you.--James 4:7.

I have had times in my life and ministry when the burdens and the
pressures seemed to be too much. Sometimes physical weariness adds to
our problems and our temptation to give in to discouragement and
doubt. At these times it seems that even in prayer it is impossible
to rise above the load. More than once, by faith that seemed to have
been imparted directly from heaven, the Lord has enabled me to claim
all that I needed for body, soul and spirit. On my knees I have been
given freedom and strength to pray, "Now, Lord, I have
had enough of this-I refuse to take any more of this heaviness and oppression!

This does not come from God--this comes from my enemy, the devil!
Lord, in Jesus' name, I will not take it any longer--through Jesus
Christ I am victor!" At these times, great burdens have just melted
and rolled away--all at once.

Brethren, God never meant for us to be kicked around like a football.
He wants us to be humble and let Him do the chastening when
necessary. But when the devil starts tampering with you, dare to resist him!

"Thank You, Father, that 'greater is He that is in [me] than he
that is in the world.' I resist any attempt of Satan to defeat me
today and will conquer in the victory You guarantee. Amen."