EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:42:13 -0500
In the preferences options under the file menu, there is an accessibility
settings dialog box.  One of the options in a screen reader compatible
menus.  I guess the default is not screen reader compatible.

Jon

At 01:59 PM 4/25/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anybody have any information as to how to best make the Opera browser
>work with a screen reader?  I just downloaded version 6.01 of the Opera
>browser and installed it, but am having a rather difficult time getting it
>to work with JFW 4.02.  At the moment I can't even access the menu bar or
>the drop-down menus without having to resort to the Jaws cursor.
>
>If anybody has any information on things I might try as far as configuring
>the browser itself, or if there are any configuration files for JFW and/or
>Window-Eyes, I would really appreciate knowing about them.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim
>
>------------
>
>James A. Rebman
>
>Cognitive Levers Project
>Center for Life-Long Learning and Design
>Department of Computer Science
>University of Colorado, Boulder
>
>"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
>violent.  It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the
>opposite direction."
>
>  - E. F. Schumacher

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund