EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 22:00:35 -0400
Apologies for cross-postings. Feel free to distribute this message widely.

Hello friends and colleagues,

This month I am scheduled to teach three classes on macros, and do a short
presentation on a novel way to use macros to navigate around a hard-drive.

Two of the sessions are in Phoenix, and the other two are in Denver. If you
are in the area, I hope you can attend. Pre-registration is required.

In Phoenix:

1. USING MACROS TO REPAIR COMPUTER ACCESS PROBLEMS

Pre-conference course
Friday 15 June 2007, 1:30 - 5:30 p.m.

New course! During this hands-on session, you will work from case studies
and guided exercises to repair everyday access problems experienced by
people with a wide range of disabilities. Access problems to be addressed
include missing hotkeys, inefficient keyboard navigation, user interface
inconsistencies, programming errors, and overly-complex program features.

No programming experience is required. Basic familiarity with Macro Express
(or any other macro software) will be helpful but is not necessary.

2. TEXT MACROS FOR CHANGING FOLDERS

Learn a novel approach for navigating around a hard-drive using macros. The
macros are activated by typing words.

SIG-11 Computer Applications Show and Tell
Monday 18 June, 1:30 - 2:45 p.m.

These two sessions will be presented at RESNA 2007. To register:

www.resna.org/Conference/Conference.php or telephone: 703-524-6686

In Denver:

1. SUPER SHORTCUTS: EASY WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE PCS FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

This is a full-day, hands-on preconference course for beginners on macros,
macro-like techniques, and user interface modifications.

21 June 2007, 8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.

2. EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT MACROS (BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK)

This introductory session demonstrates a wide range of macros and macro-like
techniques.

22 June 2007, 10:00 a.m. - noon

These two session will be presented at the Collaborative
Assistive Technology Conference of the Rockies. To register:

www.uchsc.edu/atp/conf2007/conf2007main.htm
or contact: [log in to unmask]

Please contact me if you would be interested in having me present one of
these sessions for your organization.

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com

You have received this announcement because you have expressed interest in
my company's services or resources. If you would prefer not to receive
these announcements, drop me a note, and I will immediately remove your name
from my mailing list.