EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:53:37 -0500
Hi Zachariah,

Much depends on the number of symbols that this individual needs. If it is a
matter of five or 10 common calculus symbols, Microsoft Word may be an
option. You can set up hotkeys, macros, or perhaps best, AutoCorrect
abbreviation expansion "macros" to insert the symbols into documents by
typing. All of this can be done easily and quickly, including superscripted
and subscripted text, provided there were not too many symbols and
formatting rules. But if the person requires a wide range of mathematical
symbols, using built-in techniques in Microsoft Word may not be practical.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com

Hello Folks,
    I am seeking a way for a person to input Calculus symbols. They are
temporarily disabled do to an injury to their writing hand.
Mathematics and I parted company at the Calculus stage so I am no great
help on that side.
It seems there ought to be fonts out there for entering Calculus, but
does it require specialized software for all the
superscripts and subscripts and such.

thanks
zachariah

--