EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Simon Healey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:23:28 -0400
As a practicing low vision disabled librarian who can still get around using zoomtext - when I finally open a clear crisp pdf document I think I'm going to print it, frame it and hang it in a place of honor. All the advice I have ever seen including previous discussions on the list about the very limited success using adobe accessibility software have said use pdf if that's the only format the document is in. Personally, when given the choice between html and pdf, I always take html - I get a clean crisp image for zoomtext and I don't lose any keyboard command functionality if I want JAWs to read me the document instead.

Simon Healey
Librarian II
Access Technology Project
Free Library of Philadelphia