EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catherine Alfieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:36:10 -0500
Kathy:
I presume he is using something like Dragon Naturally Speaking and wants
something more robust and customized to his needs.
Cathy Alfieri

Hi colleagues;

We are doing some research into assistive technologies for an alumnus with a
spinal cord injury.  He does not have the use of  his arms or legs.  He is
curious about Voice over IP technology and how he might use it to make
telephone calls via computer with his voice recognition software.  Does
anyone know where this technology is these days and how reliable it is?  I
have heard that VoIP can have delays that make the calls hard to hear.

Also, if you have recommendations regarding word prediction/on screen
keyboard software, I'd like to hear about them.

Thanks so much,
Kathy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kathy Cahill
MIT Adaptive Technology (ATIC) lab
77 Mass. Ave. 7-143
Cambridge MA 02139
(617) 253-5111
http://web.mit.edu/atic/www/

Catherine Alfieri
7 Summer Tree
Pittsford, NY 14534
585-586-1682
Founder:
Monroe County Women's Disability Network
http://www.mcwdn.org
VirtEd
http://www.mcwdn.org/VirtEd2.html
RochEd Online
http://www.mcwdn.org/Roch/RochEd.html
St. John Fisher College - MSTE 260 Course
http://keep2.sjfc.edu/faculty/napoli/mste260/index.htm