EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:11:31 -0700
EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information Home

      Norm's Reflections on last week's CSUN conference

These remarks are personal, and other attendees will paint a different
picture. The meeting rooms, the exhibit hall and the lobby seemed maybe
even more crowded than ever. I went with an interest in anything related
to ePub3, Google, Android and Amazon which colors my experience.

I have only missed 2-3 conventions since its beginning. Historically,
most presentations were put on by College and university IT and DSS
staff. It seems to me that increasingly presenters came from vendors.
These were mostly useful and informative and not just commercials.
Besides people from major AT vendors, mainstream vendors presented many
presentations and had extensive exhibits. Amazon and Google had a
significant showing. While most of their products can use continued work
to be as accessible as possible, they have done real work. Having
mainstream vendors building access into their products is a gratifying
and long-awaited accomplishment. Don't be surprised if future Webinars
reflect my experience.

-----

You received this email because you are subscribed to the Equal Access to Software & Information: (distribution list) (EASI) mailing list. If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, simply send an email to [log in to unmask]  No subject or message is necessary in the email.

For any questions or problems, contact the list administrator at [log in to unmask]