CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Veeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 17:25:58 -0400
On Tue, 6 May 1997, John Wilmerding wrote:

> On Mon, 5 May 1997, Harry Veeder wrote:
>
> > I am still trying to clarify the idea of democratic banking.
>
> How about equitableness in economics & the distribution of wealth?
> Distributive justice?

The funny thing is, we already have an excellent mechanism for
distributing wealth-- free enterprise. The problem is many people don't have
the money to simply acquire some of that wealth. A business will give the
consumer what they want if the consumer gives them some money in return.
There is no need for the government to intercede by taxing people or tell
the consumer want it is they need, if a money-system was devised to
create and give a certain amount of *spending* money to each consumer.

Isn't that distributive justice without government interference?

> The founder of the USA's banking system had this to say on equity:

Thanks for those quotes. They are interesting.

Harry