CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Korber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 23:53:05 -0500
>Yes, you are (mis- or non- informed). The person you refer to is a fiction.

>The situation is more complicated, and also on the wrong end of a "national

>security" info freeze.
> Does this tell you anything?

Not really. How is Saddam "fictional"? And fictional or real, he does seem to
head the government of Iraq. Puppet, ex-flunky or whatever, he doesn't seem
to mind killing people any less than many other other heads of state, et.al.
at all.

It certainly is complicated, and full of undisclosed motivations, but Hussien
is a murderer.
Ok, Clinton is a murderer too. And somebody's flunky as well.
That doesn't make Hussein any less of a threat to ordinary folks. That was my
only point.
Moving along:
A question I've often wondered about was why Hussein was left in power after
the Gulf war. Any theories?