CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrej Grubacic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:44:23 +0100
Dear Tracy "I want to be one person again!" Killbaby and Issod- "No I am not
Tracy!"-dhos

>    I suspect they would call it an advance - even if America's smoke nazis
> don't.;-)

 Yours creed seems to be less concerned with accuracy and more concerned
with advancing a socio-political agenda. Nice way to put it, heh?
E saluti libertari,
                            Andrej
PS I dont agree that Mumia's case is fabricated; MOJO has a very nasty
reputation of killing everything active on the Left lately...I agree that
some thinking people have rushed to judgement
concerning Mumia; I also dont like Mumiomania which certainly does exist. I
also dont think that documents provided, by either side, are clear enough.
But Mumia has some undeniable intelectual qualities. He is political
prisoner. And fighting against Mumia's death penalty, in a way this fellow
is doing, is certainly not helpfull to the cause of abolishement of death
penalty.
 We have wittnesed many "manias" on the Left recently: "Zapatismo-mania",
"Mumiomania","Pelteriomania", "WTO-mania", "Chomskymania"- but I dont think
that these causes, just because they are fashionable, are, eo ipso, bad or
that they need some corrective surgery from veteran left experts ( I am
tempted to say, mumias:)).
 On the contrary, I think that it is good that they are fashionable.