CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ernie Yacub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 03:23:16 -0700
>On Tue, 6 May 1997, John Wilmerding wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 5 May 1997, Harry Veeder wrote:
>>
>> > I am still trying to clarify the idea of democratic banking.
>>
>> How about equitableness in economics & the distribution of wealth?
>> Distributive justice?
>>

>The funny thing is, we already have an excellent mechanism for
>distributing wealth-- free enterprise. The problem is many people don't have
>the money to simply acquire some of that wealth. A business will give the
>consumer what they want if the consumer gives them some money in return.
>There is no need for the government to intercede by taxing people or tell
>the consumer want it is they need, if a money-system was devised to
>create and give a certain amount of *spending* money to each consumer.

harry, how about an abundant, interest-free money that always comes home?

so that wealth is determined, not by accumulation of property, but by how
much trading you did in your communities...think potlatch.

communities are plural because we are active in numerous, discreet
communities...eg. family, village, tribe, neighborhood, city, region,
church, club, italian, jewish, etc...each can have its own currency and
each of us can chose which currencies to use.

including partial payment in conventional dollars...you decide through
negotiation for mutual benefit.

ernie