CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 06:27:34 -0400
Hey all -

Some food for thought. When the currencies of the East European countries
"collapsed", all kinds of ad hoc arrangements were made to compensate. Any
thoughts about what the experience taught ?

Also, in the USSR, at least, there were at least formal worker's councils
in place that might have had the potential to become basic forms in an
anarcho-syndicalist society. Why didn't this happen?

Despite appearances, I'm not just being mischievous; I am actually plagued
with questions like this.

- Don DeBar