CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:27:33 -0800
This is interesting. It'd be nice to find an authoritative source to check
with, but who that might be is the problem. But I'd swear either a
commentator or an article mentioned that if your maternal grandmother was
or is Jewish, regardless of which country you or she might live in, in
effect you have duel citizenship. I also understand that although Israel
has a number of other peoples, even Palestinians, living within its
borders, their citizenship rights are of a limited nature. Also don't think
being 'religiously' Jewish has any bearing on citizenship. What it comes
down to is, to be accepted as a Jew and a full citizen of Israeli, you must
be a descendent of Abraham, and offer at least a modicum of proof of the
same.

Bob

alister air wrote..