Date:
Sat, 31 May 2014 16:50:26 -0500

Does anyone have a good, as close to authentic as possible, hoisin sauce
recipe? I've Googled recipes all afternoon and can't find two that are
alike...some aren't even similar. I went to an Asian market this a.m. and
the bottled sauce they stocked - don't recall the brand - had the following
ingredients:

cornstarch, sesame seed, sweet potatoes, garlic, chili pepper, wheat flour.

A few recipes I found online had black bean and sesame paste, peanut
butter, molasses, honey, soy sauce, and a type of Chinese chilli sauce I've
never tried.

I'm trying to come up with various "freezable" sauces to use with plain
rice, veggies and sauteed chicken tenderloin nuggets so I can have a number
of different "TV dinners" for times I don't want to cook in the evening. My
mother used to make homemade TV dinners when they were popular (in the late
50s and 60s) for my brother and me. I've given up on Lean Cuisine (Nestle)
to put out a few GF entrees for us...in fact, I think they're doing all
they can to make sure there's gluten in every entree they sell. They used
to sell one "Glazed Chicken and Vegetable" entree that contained no gluten
ingredients that was quite good. Now that entree has wheat berries added to
it.

Any suggestions for a hoisin sauce that's been tried and you think is good,
will be greatly appreciated. I'll summarize.

Cheers~~Ayn in Kansas