Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 23:01:55 -0500

Hi All~~

Most of us are always looking for good GF food, hating to throw good money
after bad tasting food, so thought I would share my thoughts/opinions of
evol.'s GFDF burritos. evolfoods.com

I bought a 5 oz. chicken and a 5 oz. beef evol. burrito. I haven't yet
eaten the beef, but can give an evaluation of the chicken. It's a good size
to add to sides, but would be too much for me to eat two. The wrap has high
maize corn flour, millet, tapioca, sorghum, brown rice flour, white rice
flour, quinoa, teff and amaranth flour (10 grams fiber). Since I pan fried
my burrito, I was a little concerned the wrap would become hard as a rock
or way too chewy. Surprise! Crispy without being tooth-cracking. Calories -
220, 4.5g fat, no saturated fat, 9g protein, 41g carbohydrates.

The filling consists of cooked guajillo chicken, garlic, salt, spices,
pinto beans, rice, tomatoes in juice, corn, onions, corn starch, Jalapenos,
lime juice, canola oil. I tend to have a tender mouth, so highly spiced
food isn't my cup of tea - this was definitely not too hot or spicy (maybe
could have used a bit more kick), nice flavors. My only real complaint was
that the filling seemed a little dry, so next time, I'll use a tomato or
mango salsa or maybe guacamole salsa over it. It does contain salt, but I
had to add a pinch more and I don't use salt at the table.

One can microwave it, bake it, pan fry it, grill it - lots of options on
their web site with instructions for each. I don't recall exactly, but
think it was $3.50. Taste is very much a subjective thing, but I will
definitely buy the chicken again. This would be a good thing to keep in the
freezer for emergencies; I live alone and I'm always looking for food I can
expend minimal effort on when I'm sick.

Just passing on good news for a new GFDF food item. I plan to email or call
them and ask if they would add more flavors and sizes to their GFDF line -
their web site shows lots of sizes from monster to party size and many
different flavors (I have my eye on the guacamole and chicken, I think).

Cheers~~Ayn in Kansas

--
*
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace...* Millen