From:
Pamela A. O'Keefe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 23:41:03 -0600

Thank you -- the Ery-Tabs erythromycin tablets from Abbott do contain
gluten, according to a poster who contacted Abbott re. this.  Amoxicillin
and Zithromax do not.  (My son is allergic to penicillin and sulfa
::sigh::).  A couple others mentioned that erythromycin gave them
horrible stomach aches-- perhaps this is why.

What about suspensions/ liquid formulations?  From what I'm gathering,
it's possible for a tablet to contain gluten, but the liquid formulation
(usu. for children) isn't.  Any info. there?

And, BTW, my son is feeling much better today, except for being sore from
throwing up.

Later,
Pam
"courage. . .is when you know you're licked
before you begin but you begin anyway
and you see it through no matter what." <Atticus Finch>