From:
Pamela A. O'Keefe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:47:28 -0600

Re. polish donuts, I didn't send the recipe, but I did have an
interesting experience w/ bread that migh relate, and be a clue to the
problem.  I always make Bette Hagman's Four Flour Bean Bread, and am
proud to say I'm getting pretty darned good at it.  So, the day that I
made it and it looked like runny cake batter instead of soggy biscuit
dough, I wondered what I'd done wrong.  I *knew* I'd added all the flour
(still thinking like a gluten bread maker), and couldn't for the life of
me figure out what was wrong.

It rose like crazy, ran all over the place, did the same in the oven,
then crashed like a souffle in an earthquake.  But, by then I'd figured
out my error -- instead of adding 1 TABLESPOON of Xanthan Gum, I'd added
1 TEASPOON.

So, it's possible that either the recipe had a misprint, or that you
grabbed the wrong spoon.  Or that the recipe is a dud -- anything can
happen.

Later, Pam "There is no redemption for the ones who choose to walk in
the shadows. . ." <Pat Benetar>