Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:26:06 EST

Hello All - I'm writing again in search of input!  My HMO recently
denied my referral to see an RD stating that my doctor (self-professed
"clueless about Celiac") could handle everything for me since Celiac is
not "life-threatening" like diabetes.  Beyond disbelief and anger,
immediate frustration and tears set in.  I really need some input!
Where can we go out to eat around here without many hassles? (We live
near Wrigley) What about RDs?  Anyone have a doctor/RD in the area that
they recommend?

Again - Thanks for all of your valuable input!  We are looking forward to our
trip to Rome thanks to all for previous input... now that I have some food
ordered, books read, and an incredibly supportive husband.... I think Rome is
going to be quite the adventure!  =)

Kate in Chicago