From:
Dana Beer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 01:13:21 -0400

I stick to fine restaurants, where everything is freshly made from scratch. I
call ahead, make a resevation and tell them I have a dietary restriction. I
fax my menu and ask them to call if they have any questions. I ALWAYS get
great food and exceptional service. One chef even made me corn fritters, rice
muffins and fancy rice cookies!They seem quite eager to please me, and make
my meals very special.

Recently at a resort in Bermuda, the Chef bought rice bread and GF cereal for
me. I brought my own pankake mix and they fixed that with fresh blueberries.
He even phoned a nearby place for me and spoke with their chef about my
lunch! Every day, he reviewed that evenings menu with me.

One of these days, I'm going to bring my own dough to my old pizza haunt.

I bring my own soy sauce to Oriental  restaurants, and I've never gotten sick
yet.

I would rather eat out less often at finer places, and have wonderful meals
that I can feel confident eating.

For a spontaneous lunch, I order an omlette (I ask them to cleanthe
 griddle), steamed veggies or a salad. I've gotten sick off tuna salad and
hamburgers (bread crumb filler?)For fast food, I stick with a baked potato at
Wendys. Their sour cream is NOT GF.