From:
"Evan A.C. Hunt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 12:01:47 -0800

> Re the on-going discussion about syrup. I'm more interested in finding a
> good substitute for pancakes, or a good pancake recipe. Any suggestions
> anyone?

Very easy:

1 c.            rice flour
1/2 c.          tapioca flour
1 1/2 tsp.      GF baking powder
1 tsp.          baking soda
1 tbsp.         buttermilk powder

1 c.            milk
1/2 c.          vegetable oil
2               eggs
1 tsp.          GF vanilla extract (optional)

Sift the dry ingredients together.  For pancakes, mix all the wet
ingredients together in a separate bowl or a large measuring cup, pour
over the dry mixture and mix well.  For crepes, do the same but add
more milk until the batter has a thin, almost watery consistency.
For waffles, separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff;
mix the yolks and the remainder of the wet ingredients with the dry
mixture as above, and fold the resulting batter into the egg whites.