From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:22:06 -0400

My husband and I recently moved to Maine and one of our favorite places to
go now is both GF and quintessentially Maine-ish!  It's on the Georgetown
peninsula south of Bath.  It's about 25 minutes from where 127 crosses Route
1.  Follow 127 South until it ends at the Five Islands Wharf.

On the wharf are three shacks, one for boiled and steamed foods, one for
foods cooked in oil and on the grill, and one for ice cream.  Since I'm also
casein intolerant, I just go to the 'Lobster shack.'  I've always gotten the
whole lobster along with corn and small red potatoes (corn and potatoes are
cooked together in ocean water - delicious!!).  The lobster is fresh off the
boat, and tastes great.  Ask for lobster crackers to crack open the lobster
shells - they'll charge you a fee to 'rent' them.  You get the money back
when you return them.

The seating is outside at well-worn picnic tables - all with incredible
views of Five Islands Harbor.  It's BYOB, but you need to bring your own
openers and the only 'glasses' they provide are large styrofoam cups.  If
you are wise, you'll also bring bug repellant.

The prices for the lobster has been rising as summer approaches.  The last
time we were there, two weeks ago, a pound of cooked lobster was $9.  $1
each for the corn and potatoes.

Home page:  http://www.fiveislandslobster.com/index.html
Menu:  http://www.fiveislandslobster.com/images/FIL_menu.pdf

Hope to see you there!