From:
Chuck Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 16:00:05 -0600

Thanks to the 28 responses I received to my question on the gourmet hot
chocolate.

I just had the strangest jerk in my mind:

I take the Wal-Mart generic brand of Metamucil daily to give my intestines
"something to work on."  I had a problem with diarrhea (sound familiar),
not constipation.  I had had to take this when I had hemorrhoids, etc.,
removed surgically and it seemed to help a lot.  I started this "therapy)
1.5 years ago when I didn't know I was allergic to gluten, etc., and its
effect on the small intestine.

Question:  Exactly what is the active ingredient, psyllium hydrophilic
mucilloid fiber?  Is it derived from wheat or is it it's own little
biological entity?  Is it gluten free?  (It sure tastes like it's free of
anything! )

It just occurred to me that this could be making matters worse.........

If I am making matters worse, will the Big D problem go away the longer I
am wheat and gluten free? (No guarantees expected.)

Thanks, again.

 __ __
  +  +
(  <>  )
   \_/
      Chuck Emerson         RaceWalker
      Long Term Care Insurance Agency
      El Paso, TX,  USA               79925
      (915) 778-5171          fax 778-5709
 Life, Disability, Annuities, Health/Medical