From:
Diane Dufault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 1995 09:35:30 CDT

My 3.5 year old son was diagnosed by blood test one year ago.  His GI Doctor
said that when he turns 4, he'll have a test done where a pellet is dropped
into his stomach on a string.  I never questioned it, though did not know
what it really meant.  I was wondering why I have never heard anything
remotely related to this until now.   Is my son's doctor in the past???  If
it is still a good method, will a four year old be under anesthesia for it?
I cannot imagine him being awake through such a procedure.  Do they go on a
gluten challenge first, as he has been gluten free for quite some time with
simply remarkable results.