From:
Jeanine Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 1995 22:59:18 -0400

I have 2 teenagers coping with gluten free diets.  I haven't found any magic
solution to keep them 100% on the diet--particularly my daughter who has very
mild symptoms.  But it helps to have plenty of gluten free foods available.
 Pamela's Bakery has a brownie mix that can be whipped up as quickly as
regular brownies, as well as cookies that fill the "chocolate chip cookie
craving" without having to make them ourselves.  When they go away to camp, I
send them with an ice chest full of food already cooked up that they can
simply reheat.  Lunch at the high school has been a particular challenge for
our daughter this year, so my husband has recently begun packing her a lunch
each morning so she won't be as tempted to sample her friend's pretzels.