From:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Broussard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2017 21:17:59 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'll be quick this month...

The big news is that I just returned from a one-week tour of Umbria, Italy. This region of central Italy, similar to Tuscany with its vineyards and olive groves (but less touristy), is a truly must-visit area of the world. I really felt like I "got away from it all" visiting the many quaint hilltop towns, many which seemed frozen in time. Every town had its own unique charm, history, and beautiful views. Equally as impressive as the sites was their simple, fresh Italian food and wonderful wine. As we experienced 16 months ago when our family visited Rome, Florence, and Venice, Umbria is also a relatively easy place to dine if you're GLUTEN FREE. In addition to enjoying all the region's specialties, including some wonderful gluten free pastas, our one-week Food & Wine Tour of Umbria included wine tours and tastings, viewing olive oil being produced (the first of this year's harvest), truffle hunting high atop a mountain, and hands-on cooking classes. You can read more about this incredible week in my recent Blog post:

http://glutenfreetravelblog.typepad.com/gluten_free_travel_blog/2017/11/beautiful-umbria-region-of-central-italy-delivers-fascinating-history-scenic-vistas-and-wonderful-fo.html

Please let me know if you have any questions about traveling in Umbria -- or Italy in general. I wrote a book titled Gluten-Free in ITALY, and I love to talk about this wonderful country, its amazing food, and its hospitable people.

Have a great month,

Karen Broussard
Northern Virginia
Founder and President, GlutenFreeTravelSite
https://glutenfreetravelsite.com
http://glutenfreetravelblog.typepad.com
DINE GLUTEN FREE app (FREE for iOS and Android): http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/mobileresources.php
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GlutenFreeTravelSite/316869725133