From:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:57:46 EDT

Just wanted everyone to know about a great restaurant in Lewisville,  Texas.
It's the Salt Grass Steak House, on I-35 (Denton  area).    My husband and I
live in our RV full time and are on  our way to South Texas to spend the
winter.   We stopped at an RV park  in Denton and looked for a restaurant close by.
  Just picked the Salt  Grass Steak House because it looked nice and had a
crowded parking  lot.   Imagine my delight, when telling our waitress - a
delightful  young woman named Erica - that I could not eat anything with wheat flour
or  barley or rye in it, she said, "Oh, you're gluten free, just a minute and
I'll  get you the gluten free menu".    She did just that and helped me
decide what I wanted.   I ordered a salad - without croutons, of  course- a baked
potato and a sirloin steak.   She pointed out on the  GF menu that the steaks
were fine as long as they didn't put the butter sauce on  them and left off
the garnish of fried onions.  She brought me a delicious  dinner.   We spoke to
the manager afterwards and told him how pleased  we were to find not only a
gluten free menu but  a wait staff that knew  what gluten free was.   He told us
that he has some food allergies of  his own and tries very hard to address
food allergy issues with their  patrons.

I don't have any financial interest in this restaurant - just had a great
experience and wanted to share.

Karen
Home is where we park it.