From:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:31:54 -0700

Re: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 05:02:37 -0400 ROSALIE F JALBERT <[log in to unmask]>

This is my last post on this subject. A "peruser" must "beware" no matter
what site he/she is on, even if it is monitored by medical doctors (my
doctor had no idea what a gluten-free diet was, but I hope this is
changing). Even members of this list must beware of the information posted
here, thus the disclaimer. This always goes without say. As far as a
"sanctioned" Web site goes. I'm not sure what that is. Sanctioned by whom?
Would that be the CSA's Web site? The GIG's? Or perhaps it's the CDF's?
Each of these groups disagree on some very fundamental isssues, like
whether or not buckwheat or quinoa are safe for celiacs. Each group has
it's own following, and each are certain that they are right. Where does
this leave us, and how can there be a sanctioned anything if there is no
agreement among these groups? I agree, the browser must beware, but for the
browser to make a decision he/or she must also be presented with
information, even if some of it is not correct, and then make a decision on
their own about what is best for them. Unfortunately this sometimes takes
trial and error. It would certainly help if the main groups in USA agreed
on some very basic things. Perhaps we could get them to arm-wrestle over
these issues?

Take care,

Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac Support Page: