Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2015 18:33:46 -0500

Hi All~~

It's been quite a while since I've posted...I must be happy as a clam with
the GF diet. Or as happy as one can be. But I've developed an odd problem
with eggs and thought perhaps a listmate or two would have come across this
issue (yes, I know not everything is related to celiac).

About a month ago, I got up and prepared my usual breakfast of one egg,
scrambled or poached, one slice of bacon, GF toast, and a glass of milk (I
was lucky to be spared the milk intolerance). After the first bite of my
egg, I just couldn't finish eating it. The egg was good (not spoiled or
past expiration), I just felt I was going to vomit if I tried eating more
of it...and it didn't seem to be the odor of the egg. Since then, I've
tried preparing eggs by baking, frying, poaching, scrambling, etc. and my
response is the same. I've never been sickened after eating eggs, so it
isn't that psychological issue that keeps one from eating something they've
previously been sick from eating. It seems to be more of a texture thing.
And I'm fine using eggs in cooking other dishes, like cakes, cookies, etc.

It gets worse...in the past week, I've been experiencing the same aversion
to the GF bread I eat, which is Kinnikinnick's soft white. Again, it seems
to be an issue of texture. I'm not completely off the bread, but if I can
find something else to replace the bread, like biscuits or foccacia, I do
better.

The aversion to eggs is a problem because of the loss of a good protein. I
can eat lunch for breakfast, I suppose, but that seems like a lot of work.
Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions? This is not something I want to
spread into all of my food.

Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

Cheers~~Ayn in Kansas