Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 19:59:05 -0600

>Dear fellow bakers:
>        Ineed a little help, here folks...I have been working on home-made
>breads,<snip>
>using "safinstant" GF yeast,
><snip>... After the 45 min. (recommended) rise time, it had spilled over
the >sides, down across my stove,...

Generally most of these recipes would need around 20 minutes rather than 45
when using instant rising yeast. Also temperatures above 80 degrees F will
cause overly fast rising. Small amounts ( be careful ) of salt will
help retard rising as will excess sugar in the water the yeast is dissolved
in.
And you may prefer to try reducing the amount of yeast, if your dough is
tripling when you want doubling, cut yeast down by 1/3.

I always consult the Joy of Cooking, when I have these kinds of questions. I
highly recommend it should be the basis of a required course in middle school.

Mike <[log in to unmask]> in Kansas USA