From:
Diane Dufault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 1995 14:10:28 CDT

Prior to diagnosis of Celiac Sprue, my child had a fever almost daily,
from the age of 16 months to 21/2 years old.  I am not sure whether it
was due as direct result of sprue, or more indirect of ill-health from
mal-absorption.  My child is now near four years old and though has not
returned to the growth chart prior to the onset of illness, is doing very
well.  He was having problems with chronic pneumonia and chronic
sinusitis which also gave fevers.  His gastroenterologist believes this
is caused from reflux.  He is on a medication for that which has helped
reduce his fevers even more.