From:
Dan Meaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 21:53:07 -0400

Listmates,

We have a 3 year old daughter with celiac and are continually looking
for 'fun' foods here. We spotted Michael Season's Cheddar Cheese Snacks
on the shelf of our local Shaw's grocery store. The ingredients looked
GF, but not stated on the package. My wife sent an e-mail to the Company
to verify GF status. Good news, the cheese puffs and several other of
their snacks are GF. Below is my wife's note to the Company and its
response.

> Hello,  my three-year-old  daughter cannot eat anything that contains
> gluten which is found in wheat, oat, barley, rye and can be found in
> flavorings and additives.  She has celiac disease . Can you please
> advise if your cheddar cheese puff snacks are gluten free?   Do you
> have a listing of other snacks made by your organization that would
> be gluten free?

> Thank-you so much for any information you can offer regarding this
> issue.
>
> The cheese puff snack is delicious!!

Thank you for your interest in Michael Season's Snack Foods.

Out of all of our product lines, there is only two products specifically
that you need to worry about--our Cheese & Jalapeno Kettle Cooked Chips,
and our Sweet Organics Cinnamon Twists.  The Cheese & Jalapeno chips do
contain gluten, and the Sweet Organics have wheat as an ingredient, so
the presence of gluten is likely.  Because of the possibility of
contamination, I'd contact us before you purchase any of our seasoned or
flavored products.  Otherwise, the rest of our products are definitely
gluten-free.

Here is a listing of our products:

REDUCED FAT POTATO CHIPS
Lightly Salted - Unsalted - Ripple - Honey Barbeque - Yogurt & Green
Onion

Chili Picante - Ranch

KETTLE COOKED POTATO CHIPS
Lightly Salted - Mesquite Barbeque - Cheese & Jalapeno

ORGANIC CORN TORTILLA CHIPS
Blue Sesame - Yellow Mini - White Lightly Salted - Salsa Yellow - Hot &
Spicy

ULTIMATE CHEDDAR CHEESE PUFFS
Cheddar Cheese - White Cheddar Cheese

ULTIMATE CHEDDAR CHEESE CURLS

GOURMET SENSATIONS
Butter Toffee Popcorn with Almonds and Pecans - Chocolate Covered Butter
Toffee Popcorn - Chocolate Covered Potato Chips

SWEET ORGANICS
Cinnamon Twists

Many of our consumers are people who have specialized diets for
nutritional purposes or to accommodate food allergies.  Our products do
not force consumers to sacrifice taste for nutritional value.  Our motto
is "Better Tasting, Better For You"--we pride ourselves on the fact that
our products remain true to that.

We appreciate hearing from consumers.  And thank you for the compliment!
If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to
contact us.  We hope you will continue to enjoy Michael Season's Snack
Foods for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Brandy Pawlak
Seasons' Enterprises Ltd.