CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bonnie Barron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Barron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:34:27 -0500

Thanks much to all of you that replied.  Here is a summary of
suggestions/recipes I received.  If you asked me for the recipes I
received I will be sending them to you in a Word doc.  I ended up making
Rice Krispie treats for Sarah this week, but would prefer something with
some more substance to it.  The Betty Hagman recipe looks very good.

Bonnie

- EnerG granola bars  www.ener-G.com

- Betty Hagman has a granola bar recipe in her Fast and Healthy Gluten
Free Cookbook (many sent me this one, but maybe not soft enough for
little ones)

- "Tiger's Milk" bars -- they're the least expensive of the "protein"
bars, and the kids love them -- best of all for the kids, they're a
"normal" brand, which is crucial to them!

- The Atkins Diet food has a gluten free breakfast bar that is a
cinnamon bun flavored.  Healthy Valley may have a marshmallow bar that
is GF.

- Rice Krispie treats using GF puffed rice cereal (try adding chocolate
chips, raisins, dried fruit)

- "Not Granola" bars

- "Nutri-Grain" type bars by Orgran. Possibly from Gluten Free Pantry

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *