C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:32:33 +0100
> Could you guys post this for me?  Got bounced because it arrved
> after I closed account.
>
> Thanks.
>

> My dear friends,
>
> June 2nd and I've made no significant motion toward the
> whatnextnesses of my life.  I have no one to blame but myself
> and I'm too old to waste my time and energy with self blame.
>
> I've kept up with most goings on on the List for far longer and
> with more interest than I'd thought likely.  The CP kids and
> adults here have done me proud to be an adult with CP.  I
> consider myself enriched and fortunate to have made many
> friends: with and without.  This is one of the smartest most
> talented and accomplished gathering in which I've ever
> participated.  I keep telling my local CP friends about you and
> hopefully they will find their way here.
>
> I am taking a long and indeterminate "sabbatical."  This time
> I'm going cold turkey, stopping all forms of CP List delivery
> in order not to be tempted to spend time and effort writing and
> posting.  Maybe just maybe a workable worthwhile life will
> recur this side of the Internet.  As you know I live alone and
> have managed to give procrastination a stretch closer to a
> black hole of nullity than the scope of absurd postponement the
> term usually conveys.
>
> I know your email addresses, you know mine.  The responsibility
> is mutual for keeping in touch.
>
> Have a great summer!
>
> Oh-and Goddess Bless!
>
> ISM

ISM, sir,

leave the list with a regularity of a heartbeat. The ones who
join during your sabbatical will not know what they are missing,
whilst us, who have had the honour to read the wisdom, poise, and
humour of your posts over the past several years, are only too
keenly aware of the loss.

There are some on this list who understand the true dynamics and
purpose of this C-PALSY list, how important it is for the people
who post here. You are one of those.

Be assured your friends on the list will be thinking of you, and
hoping your sabbatical will be short (more like a "sab" actually)

PS Yes, I do like raising the bar - but only so I can slip
through underneath!!!

--
Deri James