C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
James Blackledge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Blackledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 19:29:04 -0500
Thanks for your reply, Betty.

And since it seems my other replies either vanished into the ether, or I
replied privately by accident, thanks to all the others who replied.  Next
time I won't hesitate to offer help.  Don't know why I hesitated this
time....maybe it's because the guy was so cute.  And I never get offended if
people say no thanks or insist I help.  I've taken help when people offered,
and I need it.  In fact, I remember the first time I took my twins out alone
to the grocery store.....they were almost two years old, can you believe it?
But Sean had recently lost his monitor, so I thought it would be easy.  A
hot, hot, hot July day.  Pushing the guys around in the double stroller.
Came out to find my poor little '81 Honda Civic had a flat tire.  Hooray for
auto clubs!  While I was waiting for the guy to come change it for me, a
woman with a baby helped me cart ice cream back inside so it wouldn't melt,
and helped keep the kids happy.  She became the closest friend I've ever had
in this life.....she's gone now, and my heart still aches.....but just goes
to show, you never know who you'll meet as you take each step through your
days.

Barb