C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:06:22 -0400
Yeah you're right.  It was a shock to me when I read it this morning.  I
thought the car was a totally post-war product for the Germans,  I'd no idea
it'd been a project of Hitler's during the war.

Actually, Ferdinand Porche came up with the engineering specs but Hitler took
it a step further and developed the idea of a cheap, reliable car that could
get his troops in and out of places fast.  Hitler also invented the concept of
the Autobahn so popular in Germany today.

Interestingly, one reason the car became so popular in America during the
1950s was because a Jewish ad agency agreed to take on the account and design
an American ad campaign, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I once owned a used Beetle; loved that car!

Kat