C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:53:51 -0400
Hi Kat,

          I am afraid I don't understand the your last sentence - "So,
please don't take our words out of context and use them in a bigger sense
than they were meant to be". I merely ventured an opinion and information on
Mitsubishi - I got a chill when I peeked under the hood of my Voyager back
87 and saw it had a Misubishi engine - I believe I probably would have
reacted like an idiot at the time - after all like most naturalized people I
am fervently and passionately American. I realize that life and events are
immensely complex and intertwined I know the seeds for WWII where sown at
the end of the 1st World War. I also know folks - which includes me are not
always rational about stuff. I believe as things recede in the annuals of
time the feelings die - the problem is more that the people who are Germans
today - are still being held up as bad guys for WWII - and anyone born after
1945 - or even 1940 - is not guilty. I guess it might explain my reation if
I said I hate when things are blanket covered - the Germans, The Jews, The
Able bodied, etc. My reaction is you have just condemned everyone who fits
in that category - and a number of those folks will be innocent.

        To anwser how my Mother and I became German. My mother and her
family are from Danzig. Danzig was at the time a free city. Now it is Polish
- Gedansk. Hitler cmae in just like he did in Poland and other places and
annexed it for Germany and the folks became German. After the war - My
mother followed the instructions - that everyone was to meet at my Great
Uncles house in Nuremberg - after a few years - she fled the east zone, met
my American father, and had me - since they weren't married - I was
automatically the nationality of my mother - German.

        I must tell you I hate the Nazi's - I was furious when some almost
30's ago I saw one here on the streets of DC in his bown uniform - I wanted
to pick up a two by four and brain him. I remember asking my boyfriend how
could American allow this - and he pointed its  free country and showed me
the Arlington headquarters - So I hate the Nazi's be they American, German
or whatever. But - I note a difference between German and Nazi.  And many
times people don't. Its like sayiong all white Americans are Klan Members -
I don't think sooooooo.....

                                                            Trisha