C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:10:35 -0400
Kathy Jo,

I work full time as a database programmer, and while I don't make a lot of
money, it's enough for my bills, essentials and a few extras.  I also get
group health and dental coverage through my company, which helps a lot.  I
live alone in a two-bedroom flat, all one story, and manage by myself,
although I have someone come in at least once a month to do the heavy
cleaning.  I can bathe myself, do my own laundry (I have my own washer and
dryer in my flat), and cook for myself.  The only two chores I can't do
myself are vacuuming, and big-scale grocery shopping.  I usually have a
friend help me with the heavy shopping and I make do myself with interim
shopping trips.

Last weekend, I found I could  mop my kitchen and bathroom floors, using the
new Swifter mops, which have  "wet pads," which are pre-moistened, that made
it so much easier for me to clean up spills, etc., without worrying about a
mop and a bucket, and having to wring out the mop.  Now if only I can find
an easier way to vacuum...

Kat