C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:27:20 -0400
Thanks for the link you sent in a later message.  I guess not many North
Carolinians eat poke salet, as I've never seen it here in potluck suppers,
where one usually sees just about every variety of down-home Southern
cooking.

Speaking of regional dishes, I encountered a dish I'd never seen outside of
Philadelphia or New York: fried matzoh.  That's crumbled-up matzoh bread
mixed with eggs and milk and fried in a skillet.  It was OK, I guess, but I
prefer omelettes.

For those who don't know, matzoh bread is a flat, or unleavened Jewish bread
eaten mainly at Passover, but it can be enjoyed year-round.  I eat it a lot
myself, just not as fried matzoh.

Kat