C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:47:13 -0500
Betty,

        Sorry for the short note. Szasz says basically what I understood
you to be saying, i.e., mental disorders are frequently in the eye of the
beholder rather than in the person. We assume so much about another person.

" I qualify that
doubt by saying if the depression is due to society's response, then I wish
to assert my opinion that it is not entirely productive to make the depressed
person the target (e.g., "YOU are depressed.  Let's treat YOUR problem").  In
short: The buck does not stop here." This is sort of what Szasz says.

I hope this clarifies my short note.

Bobby