BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:32:53 -0800
Sophisticated but sensitive, national but neighbourly, simple yet elegant, true yet false-- that's me in a nutshell, or an outhouse, for that matter.  Short, tall, fat skinny guy with blackish-blond, curly straight hair.  Just like in Ken's picture.  Only different.

Sounds wonderful, just like the liberal Eastern people I grew up with.   Out here, where many live by the image from old West movies where might is right, more than one way means having to deal with choices (which is not easy), and liberals are Libras who can't make up their minds, I tend always to be an outsider.   I find regional style, combined with genetics, really interesting.   I always know when someone grew up in the East.   They tend to be more relaxed about ideas, polite in ways I recognize, and have more rounded faces.   Here, the old adage "Measure twice, cut once." is a weird foreign phrase not easily comprehended by "average Joes".

However, there are odd times when it turns out that there are even less than 6 degrees of separation, and I find those very interesting.  It's one of the things I find interesting about the Pinheads in particular (how about all you Ithacans, huh?).

Jung did a wonderful thing by declaring "Synchronicity = The A-Causal Connecting Principle".

Ralph, one of my favourite memories from this list is your wife's comment on the day of your "Stupor Bowl" message.  "Ralph, it is nice you have your imaginary friends."

"It's a small world, after all...."

Yes, it feels kind of cozy, (but don't take me wrongly, I have to face some cowboys on the street tomorrow ).

cp in bc