BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

B-P Golden Oldies: "Authentic Replicants Converge"
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:16:59 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/2006 10:54:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
 I have worked on the construction of numerous tunnels, I did not hear about
this incident you are referring to, I presume it occurred in a traffic tunnel,
Jim, where you been, stranger - Vermont or something???

The Big Dig, the Ten-Year-Tunnel, the Boston Blow-Out - it's the project that
ate downtown Boston, and then spit it out.  (Indeed, it has improved
north-south traffic fabulously, except the late unpleasantness.)   Photo  in Times
today shows panels suspended by 10? foot high hangers from the actual roof of the
tunnel.  Not that many of them, as far as my comfort level goes - reminds me
of the four pin design of the Mianus River Bridge on I-95 -  but I am sure it
was designed by One Of Ralph's Licensed Colleagues.

Why do they need concrete to separate the traffic tunnel from the air
chamber?   Surely there is some cheaper solution, also lighter.  Ruth, how does the
Vermont State Tunnel Authority do this?

Christopher