BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:04:28 EST

In a message dated 1/31/2010 12:26:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I think  you'd find Daltile's unglazed terra cotta pavers (red, buff and
grey,  ready-cut in several different dimensions) to be good candidates for a
floor.  It's very likely you can stain and / or glaze them if you can find a
potter to  loan you kiln space.

Mary, thank you, and everyone else.  Clarifications:  what is the
substrate?  The substrate is the 1" plywood on heavy framing that our  general
contractor has just finished adjacent to the existing kitchen, and  framed and
leveled at a height which assumed the usual linoleum or ceramic  tile finish
on floor, not 2" high bricks.  So, sure, I could rip out the  entire thing
and start over, I hope I don't have to repour the footings.

Yes, thank you, I have been wondering about cracking of brick across the
long dimension, if I cut them in half.  (Which, just entre nous, I will not
be doing, although it does make me feel young and potent to talk Big Power
Tools.)

But it was a beautiful dream, and thank you everyone for waking me up
gently.

Pyrate, I am glad you liked Prairie Home Companion this weekend, and that
you listened to it in your Land Rover Orvis Edition LXE.