BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:43:58 EST

In a message dated 12/24/2007 10:19:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The rain  ended, the skies cleared, and it was incredible to see so bright a
planet so  close to one of the most brilliant full moons in recent memory. I
watched it  off and on much of the night as Mars moved closer, or as I
described it to my  daughter's delight "Mars dancing with the moon."

Missed the whole darned thing. Driving the 163 miles up the Hudson to  the
Twybil Hut in the worst rain I have ever, ever, experienced, Mr.  Twybil spent
five hours terrified of possibly being responsible for the untimely  demise of
Mrs. Twybil and Miss Teen Twybil, not to mention first love,  four-legged
Sparky Twybil. Outdone only by the addition of can't see my arse in  front of my
face fog patches as we wound our way up into the Helderbergs, the  rain turned
to Indian snow at that height and the only stars I saw were those  induced by
rapid ingestion of Bowmores 15 Yr old Single Malt Port Cask upon safe
arrival. Nary a star in the actual sky.

Whew. best to you all.