BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Yes, we set off an A-bomb but we are really sorry about it.
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:24:26 EST
Lintel repairs all around me... After the three or four rows of brick are
removed to get at the rusting lintel, I notice that 2x4 stock is used to prop up
the now free-hanging brick above the repair void.

At what point, if left unsupported, will these bricks fall?  I assume they
are held in place only by friction, ties and back up mortar.   I mean, do you
have to brace them every brick or two, or can you just do it at the end of the
day.

PS did you see that documentary on the tunnels of The Great Escape, a couple
of years ago?  They found the German POW camp, excavated the tunnels, found
the rails, the wires, everything.