BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:41:16 EDT

By tooth and bone
It was a quiet place , the back water of Mahen creek . A hilly section of
land in north
central  Alabama  near Brierville  a obsolete fabricator of  confederate
steel during the civil  war .
The old kiln (for the  fabrication ) is still there ; the graveyard lays
less than a quarter of a mile away  in a bucolic paradise of rambling hills  and
historic trees .
The owner, a dentist  had  called me concerning the restoration of his
familys tombs and that of a  collective of  kin folk (  relatives with separate
names) who lay  buried there .
“There lays Festus and Ezekiel, and over thar” lays Zechariah and Sadie.
The tombs were modest marble stones with inscription; The most interesting ones
had Masonic symbolism( the all seeing eyes and compass).
Cracked , broken in twos and threes ,there was an inventory of about 25
stones in all .
“How much to do the whole graveyard .? He asked
The location was remote. There is no water and no electricity
(ee-lect-tricity )
Sez I  “ got to bring it all  in ; stay a night or three, then there is
materials and labor …were looking  at 2 large “
“Son , we have to do better , that’s right up there with two crowns and a
implant
“Two crowns and an implant “ ? That’s my nut,.. Im overjoyed
“That’s  our deal “..sez I
…and so it was …we shook hands over the sacred spot  and
…while one mason brought his stones back to life
another  brought his  teeth  back to life…………..and so it  goes…Py