BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: \"Magma Charta Erupts Weakly\"
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 07:25:11 -0400
Julip wrote>

 Others are debris-clearance folks and hazmat/environmental workers with
white pickup trucks who are often out in the field before I open my curtains
at 6 am. There are other "real people" traveling through, too, now, although
in February, they were relatively few.

My favorite sighting was about two weeks ago when our team of PTN volunteers
was doing assessments in Holy Cross. There amid the small flocks of Lutheran
students on spring break wearing nothing more than cotton gloves and ten
cent particle masks busily destroying historic fabric as if the flood had
somehow made everything “old” “dangerously contaminated” were two “official”
clean up guys with head to toe yellow plastic outfits and canister type
respirators. One was using a pump sprayer to wet down small pieces of slate
that had been blown of the house they were cleaning around. The other had a
leaf rake and was trying to rake ½” pieces of slate into a dust pan for
disposal.

John, the carpenter whose house we had stopped to look at, just shook his
head and explained he had just had a conversation with the bag men. They
told him their “superiors” had told them that their test had determined that
slate contains asbestos.

How was the party?

Rudy

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the
http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html