BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

B-P Golden Oldies: "Chapel of the unPowered nailers."
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:40:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2006 9:27:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Ralph:

 I wouldn't mind vacationing in KY,  but what's a "yurt"?

Huh  What?

Some sort of hut, I believe originally constructed (loosely speaking) and
occupied by Mongolians, and probably circular in plan.  They are one step  up,
or maybe down, from mud huts and the kinds of forts you used to build as a  kid.

Imported to the US of A, no doubt by hippies and similar tree-hugging
countercultural types who would rather live in such a....thing, than in an  actual
building with floors, walls, a watertight roof, and  (intentionally) running
water.

Ex-Mrs-Ralph went to stay with her sister (Janet from Another  Planet) in
such a device many years ago (before she had the good fortune to  become Mrs
Ralph), and nearly broke her leg trying to take a whiz outdoors in  the dark.
Maybe it would've been better for me if she had.

What, me bitter?

Ralph