BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 07:40:00 EST
]<en,

Great overview. E-mail all unions, not that it would make any difference.

I thought that when the Teamsters got re-certified that they would come into
NYC with a vengence. I heard at the time that a lot of masonry contractors
were ditching the masonry union and signing with the Teamsters because the
rates were half of the unions and it would serve as some protection from the
trade unions but it didn't happen, or at least as fast as I thought.
Anyhow the trade unions are hurting, but they only have themselves to blame.

One nice story; the firm that installed the windows at the carpenters dist.
council bldng on Hudson down town Man. was almost put out of business by the
union busting his chops with all the rules and regs. And he was union! at the
time. He has since left the carps union and says he will never return. Wonder
why?

jim