BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:59:57 -0800
"Duck and Cover" - - - A wonderful reminder of that era when life was really precious and a scraped knee was a blessing compared being personally tested by the radioactive fallout drifting overhead from the "tests".

Keeping score was easy too.   There were the good guys and there were bad guys (which just depended on point of view).   Then too, there were all those strategies for raising the next generation to live at peace in a peaceful world.  If some of those kids-become-adults are trying to ban recess as their strategy to accomplish the same thing, maybe the Belgrade Aphorism Circle has it right when they ask, "Why shouldn't we be proud of our history, when every day is worse than the previous one."   Wonder if they have an aphorism for the status quo.

cp