BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 13:31:53 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/2005 11:06:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

 there are several NYC photos that I do not recognize large stone  elliptical
structure Afk Chrif, except he'd have to visit a Subway  restaurant, which he
probably does even less frequently than he rides the real  subway.  Although
maybe I shouldn't cast such anti-proletarian  aspersions; I bet he DOES ride
the subway, but I bet he DOESN"T eat at  Subway.,( Bronx court house /queens?
)and on the map there are some  stations missing and so not yet built .I think
the 42/ 5th ave stop isn't  there I got news for youse: It still isn't there.
Maybe you  meant 42/Lex, or 42/6, or 42/Broadway, or 42/8, except they've
probably  ALL been there since 1904.  , and several others
Also the perspective of some of the photos would not be possible  today..My
guess is they are pre war photos (1939) as the Botanical gardens in  Brooklyn
look too new .and the Hoboken car ferry(shown ) is still running  (took it from
that suburban paradise Joisey many a time , Mom in swept wing  sun glasses
,brother in Davy Crocket hat , sister wanting nothing to do  with all of us ) Py
Mr. Helpful